Sex dating in boxford massachusetts women profiles for dating
The house is a classic 18th-century “saltbox”, originally located in Saugus, Mass., near the 17th-century William Boardman House.
It was moved in 1956, and a long one-story gable-roofed addition was built connecting to the right hand rear corner at that time.
13 Main St., Boxford MA, 1704 553 Main St., Boxford MA, 1743 715 Main Street, Boxford Ma 1760 BOX.29, John Willet, Alice Freeman Palmer House, Main St, Boxford MA 1774: John Willet, a weaver came from Newburyport and acquired this land, which was by then part of the Peabody farm just to the west.
He probably built the house in or just before 1774.
It was then owned by Benjamin Spofford, who died in 1830. This house was moved to the present site and reconstructed by Earl Newton.
BOX.23, John Boardman House, 6 Lawrence Rd, Boxford MA r 1745: The John Boardman House has late examples of First Period framing and transitional decoration.
The building was restored by the well-known mid-20th-century restorer, Earl Newton, with the guidance of Abbott Lowell Cummings.
The right (east) room has all its framing exposed, with no chamfering on the summer, but a flat chamfer on the chimney girt, a vertically-sheathed mid-18th-century fireplace wall of feather-edged boards, and a fireplace based on the original with square jambs and a beehive oven at the left corner, (like those of the 17th century, but of reduced width.) The staircase in the entry hall has a late First Period style original closed string, triple-run staircase without balusters, and a turned newel post.
In the chamber above the east room the tie beam is exposed, and possibly reused, with a narrow flat chamfer ending in a lamb’s tongue stop.